Follower

Sonntag, 1. April 2018

Brasil II

07.03.2018. Total: 12800 km
Sao Borja- Uruguaiana: 190 km

Unlike in Argentina, in Brazil, lorry drivers are very careful and respectful of cyclists.



On the move




08.03.2018. Total: 12965 km
Uruguaiana- somewhere where there were streetworkers ;-P: 165 km

When I arrived at a Brazilian police roadblock on my way to Uruguay, an officer told me I needed to have my passport stamped in a city which is 90 km away from where I was. I had a déjà vu. Back in 2010 when I wanted to cross the border from Nepal into India, I was told I needed to get my passport stamped in a city which was 300 km away from the border. I couldn't believe this was happening again. The officer warned me that if I didn't get my passport stamped to show I was leaving Brazil, I might be allowed to enter Uruguay  but then if I had to cross the border into Brazil again, I might be in trouble. As I was not planning to go to Brazil again, I decided to take my chances. The police in Uruguay were very friendly and did not check if I had a stamp on my passport. I was very lucky.

Today I slept at a roadworks site. The people there were very nice and let me sleep in the kitchen.


My host in Uruguaiana




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen